Free programming tutorials for data science, machine learning, and web development, organized by topic.
Looking for more? The Machine Learning Compendium is a book that covers every data science and machine learning topic.
Machine Learning and Data Science Tutorials
- Introduction: What is machine learning?
- “To all you that are trying to tell people they can become professionals in just a few weeks JUST to sell your product – shame on you!”
- Path to Mastering Artificial Intelligence for Business Applications
- Linear Regression
- Multiple Linear Regression
- Linear Programming for Linear Regression
- Bayes Classifier and Naive Bayes Tutorial
- Tutorial: K-Nearest Neighbor classifier for MNIST
- K-Means Clustering
- Principal Components Analysis (PCA)
- Principal Components Analysis in Theano
- Intel Extension for Scikit-Learn
- Should you study the theory behind machine learning?
- All Data is the Same
- t-SNE in the wild: Scientists have captured the elusive cell that can regenerate an entire flatworm
- Linear Regression in the Wild – AV1: Next Generation Video Codec
- Tutorial on Collaborative Filtering and Matrix Factorization in Python
Deep Learning Tutorials
- Tensorflow 2 One Year Later: What do I think now? (+PyTorch, JAX, Julia)
- Data Science Interview Questions: Why “Logits” in Deep Learning Cross-Entropy Loss?
- How to setup NVIDIA GPU laptop with Ubuntu for Deep Learning (CUDA and CuDNN)
- Neural Ordinary Differential Equations (Neural ODE)
- Deep Learning: The Swish Activation Function
- Deep Learning Tutorial part 1/3: Logistic Regression
- Deep Learning Tutorial part 2/3: Artificial Neural Networks
- Deep Learning Tutorial part 3/3: Deep Belief Networks
- A Tutorial on Autoencoders
Reinforcement Learning Tutorials
- Path to mastering Reinforcement Learning with Deep Learning
- Monte Carlo with Importance Sampling for Reinforcement Learning
- Bayesian Bandit Tutorial
- Reinforcement Learning Algorithms: Expected SARSA
- What is the difference between epsilon-greedy and epsilon-soft policies?
Natural Language Processing (NLP) Tutorials
- Path to mastering Natural Language Processing (NLP) with Deep Learning
- FREE Exercise: Predict Stocks with News, + Other ML News
- List of Hugging Face Pipelines for NLP
- Probability Smoothing for Natural Language Processing
Computer Vision Tutorials
Time Series Analysis and Financial Analysis Tutorials
- Predicting Stock Prices with Facebook Prophet
- Convert a Time Series Into an Image with Gramian Angular Fields and Markov Transition Fields
- Why you shouldn’t use prices as inputs to predict stock prices in machine learning (YouTube Episode 20)
- Become a Millionaire by Taking my Financial Engineering Course
- Machine Learning in Finance by Dixon, Halperin, Bilokon – A Critique
- Using Granger Causality to Determine Whether Twitter Sentiment Predicts Bitcoin Price Movement
- Mistakes in Stock Prediction: Trying to Predict the Price
- Time Series: How to convert AR(p) to VAR(1) and VAR(p) to VAR(1)
- Data Science Interview Questions: Random Walk Hypothesis and Stock Price Prediction
Math for Machine Learning Tutorials
- Build your own Computer Science Degree
- “What maths are critical to pursuing ML/AI?”
- What Level of Probability for Machine Learning?
- Why do you need math for machine learning and deep learning?
- Machine Learning: College Student vs. Industry Professional? Academic Study vs. Business Impact?
Python Programming Tutorials
- Coding Interview Questions – Bioinformatics Rosalind.info – Finding a motif in DNA (Episode 18)
- LeetCode in Machine Learning and Data Science (Episode 17)
- Why bad programmers always need the latest version
- Windows: How to install Tensorflow, Theano, Keras, PyTorch, CNTK, and more on Windows
- Python 2-to-3 Tips
- How to run distributed machine learning jobs using Apache Spark and EC2 (and Python)
Ruby on Rails Tutorials
SQL & Databases Tutorials
- How to Install SQLite on Windows: A Visual Walkthrough
- MyISAM vs. InnoDB, and how to switch engines on existing tables
- Pig Error -> ERROR 1070: Could not resolve count using imports
- How to kill a hadoop job
- Installing the Python-MySQL (MySQLdb) connector using the Yum package manager and easy_install
- Backing up and restoring databases and tables in MySQL
Linux and Command Line Tutorials
- How can I determine the size of a directory or folder in Linux?
- Tutorial: How to use Linux Screen
- Install all your statistics and numerical computation libraries for Python in one go on Ubuntu
- How to password-protect a PDF file on Ubuntu
- Find and Replace Text from the Command Line in Linux
- Output to standard out AND a file at the same time
- Automation: For loops in bash (for loops on the command line)
- Can’t restart Apache in Ubuntu
- How Ubuntu users can get the arrow keys to work in “vi”