Want to create the next Groupon/Uber/AirBnB/Seamless/Facebook?
If you are:
- a student
- an office worker who is tired of your current job
- an entrepreneur who wants to launch a startup
- a startup that wants to grow
Then this page is for you!
In the era of Web 2.0, more and more people are leaving their jobs and learning to program.
They have ideas and they are learning the skills to bring those ideas to life.
This is the era of the webapp or web service.
I have been a math, physics, and programming tutor for over 14 years and have worked in the industry ever since I left school (Masters in Computer Engineering).
After working as a software engineer and data scientist for a few years, I transitioned to freelancing and consulting. Since then, I’ve worked with multiple startups doing a variety of jobs from building their very first machine learning backend to hiring and mentoring junior engineers and designers.
I have also helped individuals with a business idea become proficient enough in programming to both (a) create their first MVP (minimum viable product) and (b) understand what their freelancers and engineers are doing (so they don’t get swindled!)
Do you want to take your idea and turn it into a living, breathing product?
- How to create web applications (backend and frontend)
- Ruby on Rails
- Python / Django / Bottle / Flask
- Relational Databases (SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, etc…)
- NoSQL (Redis, MongoDB, …)
- Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark
I consult with startups who use the above languages and software to:
- Create MVPs (minimum viable products) and prototypes
- Create production-ready software products refactored from the prototype stage
- Implement highly scalable web services
- Provide data analytics and statistics-driven decision making for businesses who are already working at large scale
- Figure out the next step in marketing the product to move the needle and gain more traction
If you are interested in learning how to write a web service yourself, or you want someone to guide your team of developers, write me a note (click the “contact” link above) and I will get back to you!